Thursday, March 3, 2016

She reminded me of the Bible.....

      It was the end of summer, the first day of my life and the last day of being alone. I remember pulling my old truck into the Baptist Student Union searching for somewhere big enough to park the tank known as Clementine. It was the fall semester of my Freshman year in college, and this was my first function invite. Blonde skater dude hair cut, tight rolled 501's and an OP t-shirt(to say the least I was a child of the 80's). I could have never guessed if given a million wishes how amazing that night and my destiny were about to become.

      Opening the door, I realized quickly this country boy was a million miles from anywhere familiar to anything he had ever seen. Very anxious and admittedly a bit scared I searched the room for my best friend, and at this point I wanted to do nothing more than choke him for not meeting me immediately. If making an entrance was the test, I was failing. I was 10 seconds from turning around and leaving when I felt that hand on my shoulder. Finally, someone I knew. After a few high fives and hellos he directed me to our seats, where upon first sight I swear for the first time in my life I saw an Angel. There was nothing or no one in that room much less the Universe besides her, those eyes and that smile. I can only remember how she reminded me of the Bible and the story of the Sun standing still in the sky. All I wanted was for time to stop so that I could stay forever in that moment, looking into those amazing blue eyes.

       The Steven Curtis Chapman concert was coming to an end, and I remember nothing, but two hours of leaning forward just to see her laugh, smile, and cry at the songs being played. As the last song played I ran every scenario through my head as to how I would approach someone so unapproachable, she was so perfect, and I was so very nervous. Occasionally, she would look my way catching me in an awkward stare and just smile, and as the embarrassment would leave my blushing cheeks I would find myself again drawn towards her. This was like nothing I had ever felt before and something I never wanted to end. Truly, this was my life changing moment. It was now or never as the last song was ending, and the funny thing is, I didn't have to do a thing. Before I could even ask her name the Universe took over and Hayden, my best friend, introduced me to Elise'. It was perfect, everything just happened like it was always meant to. Fate....... As we all said goodbye, she slipped into my hand the nine most important digits in the entire Cosmos. The number that changed my stars.....

     

     
     
      

2 comments: